Land Use Department

Flag as Inappropriate

<p>Ridgefield's Land Use office, located in the Town Hall Annex, includes planning, zoning, inland wetlands, building and the Water Pollution Control Authority.</p>
<p><b>Planning and Zoning </b><b>(203-431-2766)</b></p> <p>Land use applications—for issues such as property subdivisions, site plans and use changes—begin their review process here. Building permit applications must also be reviewed and approved by the Zoning Enforcement Officer to verify compliance with zoning regulations before moving on to the building department. </p> <p><b>Inland Wetlands (203-</b><b>431-2383)</b></p> <p>Part of the Planning and Zoning Department, the Inland Wetlands officer inspects developments for permitted activities, enforces the town's Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Regulations and answers questions about the regulations and the permit process. </p> <p>The town's Planning and Zoning Commission also acts as the Inland Wetlands Commission.</p> <p><b>Building (</b><b>203-431-2743)</b></p> <p>The Building Department issues building permits and certificates of occupancy for proposed and completed buildings, ensuring that the construction complies with a host of building codes.</p> <p><b>WPCA  (203-431-2734)</b></p> <p>The Water Pollution Control Authority sets municipal sewer usage rates, oversees the contractors that operate the water treatment plants and approves new hookups. The WPCA meets once a month.</p>
66 Prospect St, Ridgefield, CT 06877
() -
  • Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed
Share a review or post about this business.
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Who wants to be the first to post?
See more »