It was the luck of the draw from a hat in 1709 that instilled the fate of the present day Keeler Tavern Museum when a lottery for new landowners in the area decided who would receive what property. The tenement has been used as a farmhouse, tavern, stagecoach shop, hotel for travelers, private residence and now museum. Built by Benjamin Hoyt in 1713, the home still maintains much of its original features, like four fireplaces, Bonaparte dining room (named after Napoleon's younger brother who dined there), and wide-planked flooring and chestnut beams. The museum is open year round with tours available on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 1-4 p.m. Step inside and return to a simpler time. Be sure to check out the remnants of cannonball fire from the revolutionary war on the outside wall.