Are you hosting a holiday event? Had a baby? Getting married? Did you witness an accident that's causing traffic? Did you want to write a letter to the editor? Perhaps you went to a community event and have great photos, or video, that you want to share.
There are a few simple ways for you post your news to the Ridgefield community.
Post your event
Patch can host all the information your audience needs to know about your upcoming events: the who, what, how, why, where and when—plus photos, flyers and links to relevant information. And if you have a press release about your event, you can post it in full in the description of your event.
- Sign in on Ridgefield Patch, or create an account on the upper right corner of the homepage.
- You'll see today's events featured in the middle of the Patch homepage. Click here to add your event."
- Here you can add a title, category, price, ticket website, contact information, photos and hyperlinks.
- How do you add a link? Highlight the text you want linked, click on the button that looks like a chainlink, and insert your URL.
- Save and preview your event listing.
- Email the URL to LisaB@Patch.com. If you have photos and the event listing is super-complete and visual, we can feature it on the Patch homepage in advance to promote it to the community.
Tip: If you are posting an event that is located outside of Ridgefield, simply use the complete address including postal zip code to ensure the system recognizes the address.
Post your press release or photos
Perhaps you are not hosting an event but still have some news to share. Then Patch announcements is for you.
Announcements are great for birth, death and wedding notices, community thank you's and letters to the editor, awards, photo galleries (from your events!) and newsy press releases.
- Go to Bedford Patch and sign in, or create an account on the upper right corner of the homepage.
- Click here to create a new Announcement.
- Make sure to add the photos where it says "Choose file to upload." See above for how to insert a hyperlink.
- Once you click "Post My Announcement" at the bottom, you will come to the page that features your announcement. Send the URL to LisaB@Patch.com and I will feature it on the homepage.
You may use both an announcement and an event listing. For example, let's say your organization is having a charity drive or an essay contest. You could create an announcement—with, say, the essay application uploaded or a photo of what you are looking to get donated—then post the event with the deadline to the calendar.
Join Local Voices with a Patch Blog
Do you have a hobby, professional interest or expertise in a field? Are you a parent who wants to share ideas? You can join Patch's Local Voices platform and blog as often or as little as you like.
A blog is also better than an announcement if you have news to share on a regular basis—the advantage is that all of your posts are archived together on the site (here's an example), the new post goes in our newsletter, which has thousands of subscribers—and it lives on the homepage longer than any other kind of post.
Email LisaB@Patch.com if you're interested.
Thanks again for your interest in Patch.