Wednesday night's storm is causing some trouble on local roads Thursday morning.
On Facebook, Ridgefielders shared some problems they encountered:
- Alttara Scheer There was one at the intersection of Oscaleta and Barry, but they were clearing it by 7:10.
- Danny Cutting Blocked exit from Flirtation Drive. huge pine tree right across road.
- Anne Gallaway down tree and no power on todds road
- Karen Brennan Hemsey large branch from pine tree down by twixt hill beach but passable around it.
- Sarah Margolis Katz Farmingville Bus 5 called to say the bus will not run on Blackman Rd/Hunter Lane due to downed trees.
- Gail Iafratto Kohli Ramapoo Rd tree on power lines.
Commuters headed toward the New York border and I-684 also ran into trouble on Route 35 West with a downed tree blocking one lane at Holly Branch Road.
Windy weather may hinder local crews clearing roads today. According to the National Weather Service, temperatures remain in the 40s today and fall to about 36 degrees by 5 p.m. A wind advisory is in effect until 6 p.m. with gusts expected up to 47 mph.
Snow is in Friday's forecast, with a slight chance of snow showers after noon. It will be partly sunny, with a high near 30 and a 30 percent chance of precipitation, reports the NWS.
Are you seeing any other roads blocked? Let us know in the comments.