Good morning, Ridgefield! Today is Monday, May 14, 2012.
EVENTS & REMINDERS
TODAY AT THE RIDGEFIELD PLAYHOUSE
- The Hunger Games: 4 p.m., 7 p.m. -- Set in a future where the Capitol selects a boy and girl from the twelve districts to fight to the death on live television, Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her younger sister's place for the latest match. Rated PG.
- Board of Finance Meeting: Town Hall, 7:30 p.m.
FORECAST as of 4 p.m. Monday:
- Today: Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. High near 65. South wind between 8 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Tonight: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 57. South wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
THIS DATE IN HISTORY (from wikipedia.org)
- 1718 – James Puckle, a London lawyer, patents the world's first machine gun.
- 1817 – Opening of the first private mental health hospital in the United States, the Asylum for the Relief of Persons Deprived of the Use of Their Reason (now Friends Hospital) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1862 – President Abraham Lincoln signs a bill into law creating the United States Bureau of Agriculture. It is later renamed the United States Department of Agriculture.
- 2008 – California becomes the second U.S. state after Massachusetts in 2004 to legalize same-sex marriage after the state's own Supreme Court rules a previous ban unconstitutional.
INTERSTATE TRAFFIC CAMS
See also Ridgefield Patch’s “Commute” page.
- Danbury WB E/O Exit 6 - Rockwell Rd.
- Danbury WB Exit 6 - Rt. 37 (North St.)
- Danbury EB Exit 5 - Starr Ave.
- Danbury EB Exit 4 - Lake Ave.
- Danbury I-84 EB Exit 2 - Milestone Rd.
- Norwalk SB Exit 15 - Stuart Ave.
- Norwalk Rt 7 S/O Exit 1 - Connecticut Ave.
- Norwalk NB Exit 15 - Rt. 7
- Norwalk SB Exit 16 - East Ave.
- Norwalk NB S/O Exit 16 - S/O Saugatuck Ave.
- Stamford SB Exit 8 - Elm St.
- Stamford NB S/O Exit 9 - Lockwood Ave.
- Darien SB N/O Exit 9 - Darien Service Plaza
- Darien NB Exit 12 - Tokeneke Rd.
- Darien NB S/O Exit 13 - Darien Service Plaza
- Darien SB Exit 13 - Rt. 1 (Boston Post Rd.)
TIDES & TIMES
- Low tide: 2:15 a.m.
- Sunrise: 5:35 a.m.
- High tide: 8:11 a.m.
- Low tide: 2:28 p.m.
- Sunset: 8:05 p.m.
- High tide: 8:35 p.m.
- Moon visibility: 30 percent