Good morning, Ridgefield! Today is Monday, May 7, 2012.
EVENTS & REMINDERS
TODAY AT THE RIDGEFIELD PLAYHOUSE
- The Hunger Games: 4 p.m. -- Set in a future where the Capitol selects a boy and girl from the twelve districts to fight to the death on live television, Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her younger sister's place for the latest match. Rated PG.
- Annual Town Meeting: 7:30 p.m., Ridgefield Playhouse
- Economic Development Committee: 7 p.m., Town Hall
FORECAST as of 4 p.m. Sunday:
- Monday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 64. Calm wind becoming south between 5 and 8 mph.
- Monday Night: A chance of showers, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 50. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
THIS DATE IN HISTORY (from wikipedia.org)
- 1718 – The city of New Orleans is founded by Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville.
- 1824 – World premiere of Ludwig van Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in Vienna, Austria. The performance is conducted by Michael Umlauf under the composer's supervision.
- 1846 – The Cambridge Chronicle, America's oldest surviving weekly newspaper, is published for the first time in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- 1994 – Edvard Munch's iconic painting The Scream is recovered undamaged after having been stolen from the National Gallery of Norway in February.
- 2000 – Vladimir Putin is inaugurated president of Russia
INTERSTATE TRAFFIC CAMS
See also Ridgefield Patch’s “Commute” page.
- Danbury WB E/O Exit 6 - Rockwell Rd.
- Danbury WB Exit 6 - Rt. 37 (North St.)
- Danbury EB Exit 5 - Starr Ave.
- Danbury EB Exit 4 - Lake Ave.
- Danbury I-84 EB Exit 2 - Milestone Rd.
- Norwalk SB Exit 15 - Stuart Ave.
- Norwalk Rt 7 S/O Exit 1 - Connecticut Ave.
- Norwalk NB Exit 15 - Rt. 7
- Norwalk SB Exit 16 - East Ave.
- Norwalk NB S/O Exit 16 - S/O Saugatuck Ave.
- Stamford SB Exit 8 - Elm St.
- Stamford NB S/O Exit 9 - Lockwood Ave.
- Darien SB N/O Exit 9 - Darien Service Plaza
- Darien NB Exit 12 - Tokeneke Rd.
- Darien NB S/O Exit 13 - Darien Service Plaza
- Darien SB Exit 13 - Rt. 1 (Boston Post Rd.)
TIDES & TIMES
- High tide: 12:29 a.m.
- Sunrise: 5:43 a.m.
- Low tide: 7:06 a.m.
- High tide: 1:05 p.m.
- Low tide: 7:18 p.m.
- Sunset: 7:57 p.m.
- Moon visibility: 99 percent