Good morning, Ridgefield! Today is Friday, March 30, 2012.
- Police: Drug Charges In Ridgefield, RHS Toiletry Burning: "Arrest information is supplied by the Ridgefield Police Department. It does not indicate convictions."
- When The Conn. Supreme Court Overrules Itself by Richard Hastings: "The interesting thing about this case is that our Supreme Court overruled a decision made by our Supreme Court that was decided less than 24 years ago and now appears to be in conformity with a majority of other jurisdictions."
- Ridgefield Real Estate Report (blog) by Sandra Juliano: A glimpse at real estate sales and trends in Ridgefield from Prudential realtor Sandra Juliano.
EVENTS & REMINDERS
- 4:30 p.m. at the : "This service runs from after school until 6 pm. We'll provide a safe and supervised place for your child to play or do homework."
- 6 p.m. at the : "The Ridgefield Arts Council (RAC), a town chartered organization with a mission to foster and promote the Ridgefield arts community, is sponsoring the 5th Annual All-Artists Networking Party at The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum on Friday, March 30 at 6 p.m., a free event. RSVPs can be emailed to email@example.com."
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the : "Watching a rambunctious little rascal can really tire a parent out. Why not let your energetic tyke play with others while you make some new friends?"
- 10 a.m. at : "Rockwell Art Galleries in Ridgefield present “Verdure” featuring representational landscape painter Joseph Fama, transitional painter Brenda Jacobsen, figurative sculptor Danielle Langford, contemporary painter Josafine Weatherwax, and plein air landscape painter Jack Vogler as they portray planes, peaks, and postures in varying dimensions."
TONIGHT AT THE RIDGEFIELD PLAYHOUSE
- Film: The Artist at 4 p.m. -- "Hollywood, 1927: As silent movie star George Valentin wonders if the arrival of talking pictures will cause him to fade into oblivion, he sparks with Peppy Miller, a young dancer set for a big break."
- Film: Leave at 7:30 p.m. -- "Director Robert Celestino’s provocative film Leave continues his fascination with the obsessive and extreme behavior of the creative individual. Henry Harper (Rick Gomez) is a highly successful novelist who has it all. But after surviving a recent trauma, he finds himself haunted by a dream that terrifies him. Convinced that the only way to really understand what the dream means is to write his way through it. So Henry decides to go to a remote second home to begin work on his next novel, a thriller. While on his way there he encounters a strangely familiar drifter (Frank John Hughes), who confronts him with information that threatens to turn everything he knows to be true, upside down."
No government meetings scheduled for tonight.
FORECAST as of 4 p.m. on Thursday:
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Northwest wind between 8 and 10 mph.
- Friday Night: Rain likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Southeast wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
THIS DATE IN HISTORY (from wikipedia.org)
- 1844 – One of the most important battles of the Dominican War of Independence from Haiti takes place near the city of Santiago de los Caballeros.
- 1867 – Alaska is purchased from Russia for $7.2 million, about 2 cent/acre ($4.19/km²), by United States Secretary of State William H. Seward.
- 1981 – President Ronald Reagan is shot in the chest outside a Washington, D.C., hotel by John Hinckley, Jr.
- Notable birthdays: Francisco Goya, painter, 1746; Vincent van Gogh, painter, 1853; Eric Clapton, musician, 1945; MC Hammer, rapper, 1962; Norah Jones, musician, 1979.
INTERSTATE TRAFFIC CAMS
See also Ridgefield Patch’s “Commute” page.
- Danbury WB E/O Exit 6 - Rockwell Rd.
- Danbury WB Exit 6 - Rt. 37 (North St.)
- Danbury EB Exit 5 - Starr Ave.
- Danbury EB Exit 4 - Lake Ave.
- Danbury I-84 EB Exit 2 - Milestone Rd.
- Norwalk SB Exit 15 - Stuart Ave.
- Norwalk Rt 7 S/O Exit 1 - Connecticut Ave.
- Norwalk NB Exit 15 - Rt. 7
- Norwalk SB Exit 16 - East Ave.
- Norwalk NB S/O Exit 16 - S/O Saugatuck Ave.
- Stamford SB Exit 8 - Elm St.
- Stamford NB S/O Exit 9 - Lockwood Ave.
- Darien SB N/O Exit 9 - Darien Service Plaza
- Darien NB Exit 12 - Tokeneke Rd.
- Darien NB S/O Exit 13 - Darien Service Plaza
- Darien SB Exit 13 - Rt. 1 (Boston Post Rd.)
TIDES & TIMES
- High tide: 5:15 a.m.
- Sunrise: 6:39 a.m.
- Low tide: 11:54 a.m.
- High tide: 5:59 p.m.
- Sunset: 7:17 p.m.
- Moon visibility: 40 percent