Good morning, Ridgefield! Today is Friday, April 20, 2012.
EVENTS & REMINDERS
TODAY AT THE RIDGEFIELD PLAYHOUSE
- Dr. Seuss's The Lorax, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.: A 12-year-old boy searches for the one thing that will enable him to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. To find it he must discover the story of the Lorax, the grumpy yet charming creature who fights to protect his world. Rated PG.
- No public meetings tonight.
FORECAST as of 4 p.m. Wednesday:
- Friday: Sunny, with a high near 69. South wind between 3 and 11 mph.
- Friday Night: A slight chance of rain or drizzle after midnight. Patchy fog after 1 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. South wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
THIS DATE IN HISTORY (from wikipedia.org)
- 1689 – The former King James II of England, now deposed, lays siege to Derry.
- 1871 – The Civil Rights Act of 1871 becomes law.
- 1939 – Billie Holiday records the first Civil Rights song "Strange Fruit".
- 1972 – Apollo 16, commanded by John Young, lands on the moon.
- 1999 – Columbine High School massacre: Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold kill 13 people and injure 24 others before committing suicide at Columbine High School in Jefferson County, Colorado.
INTERSTATE TRAFFIC CAMS
See also Ridgefield Patch’s “Commute” page.
- Danbury WB E/O Exit 6 - Rockwell Rd.
- Danbury WB Exit 6 - Rt. 37 (North St.)
- Danbury EB Exit 5 - Starr Ave.
- Danbury EB Exit 4 - Lake Ave.
- Danbury I-84 EB Exit 2 - Milestone Rd.
- Norwalk SB Exit 15 - Stuart Ave.
- Norwalk Rt 7 S/O Exit 1 - Connecticut Ave.
- Norwalk NB Exit 15 - Rt. 7
- Norwalk SB Exit 16 - East Ave.
- Norwalk NB S/O Exit 16 - S/O Saugatuck Ave.
- Stamford SB Exit 8 - Elm St.
- Stamford NB S/O Exit 9 - Lockwood Ave.
- Darien SB N/O Exit 9 - Darien Service Plaza
- Darien NB Exit 12 - Tokeneke Rd.
- Darien NB S/O Exit 13 - Darien Service Plaza
- Darien SB Exit 13 - Rt. 1 (Boston Post Rd.)
TIDES & TIMES
- Low tide: 5:50 a.m.
- Sunrise: 6:06 a.m.
- High tide: 11:48 a.m.
- Low tide: 5:55 p.m.
- Sunset: 7:39 p.m.
- High tide: 11:57 p.m.
- Moon visibility: 1 percent