- Bring home a special bed from - 90 Danbury Rd., (203) 438-2747
Order a custom-made “Bagel Bed,” made by Bessie and Barnie, a Manhattan-based company. These dog beds are the ultimate indulgence for your pet, filled with plush foam in the shape of a bagel, with a little pillow in the middle. The best part? You can custom order yours in a fabric to match your furniture! Prices range from $149-$179 for medium to XL. All covers zip off for easy laundering.
- Treat them to a makeover at - 159 Danbury Rd., (203) 438-1616
Grooming appointments are available Tuesday-Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Doggie day care is also available Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Reservations required.
- Teach them to be good canine citizens with obedience classes at the Ridgefield Recreation Center - 195 Danbury Rd., (203) 431-2755
The spring session begins May 9th and runs through June 27th. Classes take place on Mondays, and there are two levels available: Beginners, 10:15-11 a.m., and Puppy Kindergarten, 11:15-12 p.m. Costs: $203 members, $233 non-members.
- Let ‘em roam free with the Pet Stop Pet Fence System, available through - 23 Danbury Rd., (203) 438-3686
Ridgefield Pet will help you find just the right containment solution, and will even help with training. Costs vary, starting at roughly $1,200 per ½ acre (including training + collar). For your free in-home estimate contact Ridgefield Pet at (203) 438-3686.
Other ways to show your pal some love:
- Plan a playdate at the Bark Park on Governor St., next to the Winter Garden Arena.
- Grab a couple of gourmet dog biscuits from when you buy your loaf for dinner – 109 Danbury Rd., (203) 438-4822
- Stop for a drink at the fountain outside – 404 Main St., (203) 431-9100
We would love your ideas: how do you spoil your furry friends?