Get ready for Tuesday's CHIRP concert in Ballard Park featuring 3 Penny Acre, August 9 at 7 p.m. For more information, visit www.chirpct.org. Note: there is now Pizza available to purchase from Johns Best, in addition to ice cream and hot dogs from Chez Lenard’s.
Explore the Mid-Summer Night with the Discovery Center on Saturday, August 6, at 8:30 p.m. Participants should meet in the Ridgefield Star Park, which is in Onalfo Field, 111 Prospect Ridge (in between the Bark Park and the Winter Garden Arena). Free for members, $7 for non-members. For more information, visit the Discovery Center website, http://www.ridgefielddiscovery.org/Program.php?code=116.
The annual Graham Day Skate Festival will take place at the Graham Dickinson SPIRIT Skate Park on Saturday, August 6, from 12-6 p.m. For more information, contact the Ridgefield Recreation Center at (203) 431-2755, or click here.
The Ridgefield Symphony Orchestra is performing a Concert on the Green at CityCenter Danbury on Saturday, August 6. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m., and will feature pieces from Mendelssohn and Bach. Suggested donation is $5. For last minute weather updates, call (203) 792-1711. For more information, visit http://www.ridgefieldsymphony.org/summer-concerts-2011/
The Ridgefield Library continues to buzz, with a long list of activities for families this weekend:
- End of Summer Reading Program. Saturday, August 6 is the last day to enter your reading log.
- Drop-in Story Time, Saturday, August 6, and Monday, August 8, 10:30-11 a.m. No registration required.
- Mother Goose, Tuesday, August 9, 10-10:30 a.m., and 11-11:30 a.m. Open to infants through age 2 with caregiver. No registration required.
- Scrabble session with a tournament experienced teacher, Tuesday, August 9, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Open to children in grades 4-8. No registration required.
- Summer Reading Party with Annie and the Natural Wonder Band, Wednesday, August 10, 2-3:30 p.m.
For more information, contact Geri Diorio at (203) 438-2282 or email@example.com.