Message from Ridgefield Town Hall:
Although we have gone from 100% to 76% without power, getting that number down farther is going take a lot longer because we are getting into areas with heavier damage. CL&P has assigned crews to begin restoration in the immediate downtown for senior housing and emergency services.
The National Guard has arrived to assist our town with an expedited clearing of all blocked roads. They have orders not to clear any areas that include wires.
• Keep generators outside and away from the house because carbon monoxide fumes can seep into the home. Make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector.
• If you are heating your homes with other sources like fireplaces, please follow safety procedures. Also, do not try to heat your homes with grills or other appliances not intended for that purpose.
• All Halloween activities have been postponed for tonight, Oct. 31, but plans are being made to reschedule. Please stay off the streets. It is not safe.
• For all tax related questions please call the Tax Collector’s office at 203-431-2779
• A list of closed roads will be available soon on our web site and we are publicizing it through media and social media. (Click here for the list)
• Town Hall is open for WiFi and charging from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm daily. Enter through the Bailey Avenue entrance.
• Parks and Recreation at 195 Danbury Road is now completely operational as a shelter with WiFi and charging stations.
• Schools and school related activities are cancelled for the rest of this week.
• The Recycling Center and Transfer Station will be open through Friday November 2 from 7:30 am to 3 pm with free brush collection for non-commercial residents only.
• Drinking water filling stations are set up at the Ridgefield Playhouse, Parks and Recreation, and Fire Station 2 on Old Stagecoach Road. Please bring your own containers.
• Non-drinking water is available at Fire Station 2 on Old Stagecoach Road. Bring your own containers
• Public Information Posting locations are: Town Hall, Parks & Recreation, Founder’s Hall, Ancona’s, Stop & Shop, Ridgebury Fire Station 2 and the Valero Gas Station at the Route 7/ Danbury Road intersection.
• Our call center numbers are 203-431-2348, 431-2350 or 203-431-2351. Remember, for emergencies dial 911. ##