Mary Gauthier will perform this week’s CHIRP concert in Ballard Park on Thursday, July 21, at 7 p.m. For more information, call (203) 431-2760, or visit www.chirpct.org.
The Ridgefield Music and Arts Center (RMAC) continues to host its Fridays After Five Summer Concert Series in front of the Town Hall. This week, Eliza Paltaur, Carly Cugine, and Jake Farber will perform. For more information, visit the RMAC website.
The Ridgefield Library will host a number of exciting activities for youth this week/weekend:
- Awesome Adventures, for children going into Kindergarten and First Grade. Wednesday, July 20, 10:30-11:30 a.m. No registration required.
- Tales & Travels, for children going into grades 2 & 3. Wednesday, July 20, 2-3 p.m. No registration required.
- Harry Potter Party, for people of all ages. Wednesday, July 20, 3-5 p.m.
- Sign It!, American Sign Language for children going into grades 1, 2, & 3. Thursday, July 21, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Registration required.
- Jr. Critics, for kids in grades 4 & 5. Bring a lunch and share your thoughts on what you are reading now. Thursday, July 21, 12-1 p.m. No registration required.
- P.J. Storytime, for families with children age 3-6. Bedtime snack will be served. Thursday, July 21, 7-8 p.m. No registration required
- Drop-in Storytime, for children 3 and up. Saturday, July 23, 10:30-11 a.m., and Monday, July 25, 10:30-11 a.m. No registration required
- ROAR Therapy Dog Program, for children age 5 and up. Sign up in Children’s Services to read for 15 minutes to a therapy dog. Monday, July 25, 1-3 p.m. Registration required.
Contact Geri Diorio for information, or to register (where applicable), at email@example.com. (203) 438-2282.
Bring the kids to Weir Farm to during visitor center hours to earn their Junior Ranger badges. Badges are earned by completing one of several different activities. For example, the Art Ranger Letterboxing Program features guided clues that the children follow in order to find stamps hidden in five different letterboxes hidden around the site. The Art Ranger Pond Pack is a backpack with “art and nature-oriented activities to complete on a hike around Weir Pond.” For more information, click here.
Listen to the Ridgefield Symphony Orchestra perform Astor Piazzolla’s “Eternal Tango” at Lasdon Park and Arboretum in Somers on Saturday, July 23rd. The gates open at 5 p.m. and the concert begins at 6 p.m. Tickets are available for purchase at the gate. Costs: $17 Adults, $12 Seniors, $7 children 6-12 (children under 5 are free). For more information, visit the RSO’s website, and for last minute weather updates, call (203) 792-1711.
Amy Speace will perform next Tuesday, July 26th at 7 p.m. in Ballard Park. For more information, call (203) 431-2760, or visit www.chirpct.org.