With about 3,600 people expected to flock to Danbury later this week, the Dalai Lama's visit is sure to have an impact on local life—from extra traffic congestion to class cancellations.
Restaurants are likely to be affected too, with an increased number of patrons looking to grab a bite between the Thursday and Friday addresses from His Holiness.
If you're one of the folks visiting from out of town, and you're looking to stick around the city's West Side, consider trying one of these eateries during your stay:
American (burgers, salads, sandwiches, etc.)
- Molly Darcy's Pub (39a Mill Plain Road, 203-794-0449)
- O'Brien's Sports Pub and Restaurant (83 Lake Avenue, 203-743-9834)
- Rosy Tomorrows (15 Old Mill Plain Road, 203-743-5845)
Asian (Chinese, Japanse, sushi)
- Bambu Modern Asian Restaurant and Bar (39 Lake Avenue Extension, 203-826-7369)
- Bambino's Pizza and Pasta (101 Mill Plain Road, 203-730-9505)
- Della Francesca (35 Lake Avenue, 203-791-2068)
- Prespa Restaurant & Bar (47 Mill Plain Road, 203-791-2911)
- Spasi Restaurant (39 Mill Plain Road, 203-744-9115)
- Hanna's Middle Eastern Restaurant (72 Lake Avenue, 203-748-5713)
- Kibberia (93 Mill Plain Road, 203-743-7172)
- Chuck's Steak House (20 Segar Street, 203) 792-5555)
Don't forget to check out the Danbury Patch Directory for more on local establishments.